Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Check out my new web site for all the latest news, tips and available birds!

The darkest day of the year is finally come and gone so after a long cold spell it's time to start planning for the upcoming season. Flocks to be seperated and narrowed down to only the very best birds for breeding. The hens are coming into lay again ( some never stopped ! )  the Marans have had some fabulous eggs already! The Sussex and Orpingtons are not quite laying yet so are still housed together to keep warm. My Cuckoo Olive Egger pullets are getting close , hens combs turning red so expect some green eggs soon. I am especially looking forward to my Silkies and Showgirls these are the sweetest birds around and I have invested in Bobbi Porto Silkie stock to cross with my Showgirl Silkies. The incubators have been cleaned and will soon be fired up so lots of babies will be available after my flocks have been seperated and test hatches complete. One new project in the works will be Jersey Giants. My Sussex and Orpingtons are already huge but  the Jersey Giants should dwarf even them, cant wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment