Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Available birds

It pains me to do this but my lovely little flock of Large Fowl Cochins is up for sale. I have a quad of BBS available. The Rooster is a gorgeous Black with very heavily feathered feet, he is still quite young so have not seen him breeding yet . He has a black pullet just started laying also a blue and a splash hen. Update, one of the hens just layed a huge egg! Must have been either the Blue or the Splash as the Black is a pullet and her eggs was still quite small. Rooster is top pic ( see those amazing feathered feet  ), center pic of the 3 hens with another pic of black hen below. I am so sorry but I will not be splitting this group up, they are all or nothing as it  doesn't do me much good to sell the three hens and have to place the rooster by himself. They make a perfect little starter flock ready made for you without having to mess around with raising chicks all winter and waiting 6 months for eggs!




I have two extra Sussex cockerels available. Not for food, I would just as soon keep them for breeding stock than chicken stock! These boys were hatched out last Easter so even though they are large they still have some growing and maturing to do. They have grown up together so would be fine in the same flock . One is a Coronation the other a Silver. Both rare and hard to find locally. They would be nice to diversify a flocks gene pool or just increase the size of your next generation of dual purpose birds. I do keep my roosters tame and pick them up frequently so you would not have to worry about an aggressive bird with these two.


No comments:

Post a Comment