Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March update exciting new colors breeds

Marans update. Well out of my 5 rescued BCM eggs only one hatched, he has excellet leg/ foot feathering and came from a very dark egg. He and his  buddy a Barred Olive egger are being very spoiled as they are in the kitchen in their own brooder and it' s impossible not to pick them up every time you walk by! I will be using him/ her to start over this year.

The Birchen Marans are doing well but more boys than girls so once they grow out I will offer 1 or 2 for sale. They would be great to breed with solid Blue Marans to start a Blue Birchen project ( I had planned to do this before I lost my Marans flock ).

New arrivals this week will be Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons chicks and a breeding pair pure English ( Pricilla Middleton lines ) and Gold laced, Silver laced Brahmas ( Dan Powell lines ) . These are to start my own breeding flocks with but I may have a few to share once they have grown out a little.
I am also offering hatching eggs at this time in limited numbers, 2$ per egg. No guarantees on eggs hatching as anything could happen to them between my house and your incubator of broody hen.

No comments:

Post a Comment